Today I am going hunting with Bryan for the first time ever. I am very nervous, excited, and scared that my cold/allergies won't let up in time for the hunt tomorrow! I hope they do, so that I can enjoy every minute of it.
Here is a poem my husband wrote as a ode to hunting season :)
The day has come, preparation has ended
No more missed shots or arrows bended
The clothes have been washed and made scent free
Being at the right place at the right time will be the key
The sun is almost up and it gets nippy
A doe appears and your heart starts to skippy
As the doe moves closer and gets near
You look to the left and antlers appear!
Your heart now starts to thump as the deer approaches
You control your breathing as you try to focus
He gets in range and you let the arrow fly
You see him run, crash and quickly die
You take a deep breath and thank the Lord
Celebrate, get down and start the chore.
Bryan Campos
Yay hunting! Hope it goes as easy as the poem makes it sound. I didn't know Bryan was so creative. Have a great time!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Christine! It should be tons of fun. :)
DeleteYou need to give this to Cabella's. They might use it in their catalog or one of their annual publications. Carly, I love this blog! Life is Good!
ReplyDeleteNana-Khristine
Thanks! I will tell Bryan that. Life is so, so good!
Delete